The Pakistan Muslim League (N) (PML-N) is a center-right, conservative political party in Pakistan. It is the largest conservative political force and second largest political party, only second to the Pakistan Peoples Party in terms of seats in the National Assembly of Pakistan in the latest national elections. The Pakistan Muslim League (N) is currently headed by former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
Pakistan Muslim League (N), won the election in 1990 with help of other conservative parties. Party obtain landslide victory in elections of 1997 and won two third of national assembly seats.
It currently holds 91 seats in the National Assembly and 7 seats in the Senate.
The Pakistan Muslim League was founded in 1962, as a successor to the previously disbanded Muslim League (itself the successor to the pre-partition All-India Muslim League). In 1988 general elections, Pakistan Muslim League that was led by late former prime minister Muhammed Khan Junejo split into two factions, one was led by Nawaz Sharif the then chief minister of Punjab and the other by Mr. Junejo.
The Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz Sharif group further divided into factions in 2001 and its dissenter formed Pakistan Muslim League that later called Pakistan Muslim League (Quaid-e-Azam)(PML-Q) became allies of then president Pervaiz Musharraf. In 2001, Muslim League (Nawaz Sharif group) formly adopted name of Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz) also known as PML (N). Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz). PML N established its branch in azad jammu kashmir in 2011 to participate in ajk general elections wand obtained significant number of votes.
In the 2008 election, the party won urban votes and dominated the Punjab Assembly, earning a total of 91 seats in the National Assembly, just below the Pakistan Peoples Party, which won 121 seats; the parties agreed on forming a coalition government but left the government on agenda of restoration of judiciary and reinstatement of Supreme court Judges.
PML N is currently heading the government of Punjab Province, the largest and most populated province f Pakistan and its Chief Minister, Mian Shehbaz Sharif is quite famous for his good governance and hard work for province.
- Nawaz Sharif , Quaid, (2002–2011)
- Raja Zafar ul Haq, Chairman (2002–Present)
- Sartaj Aziz, Senior Vice President
- Sardar Yaqoob khan Nasir, Senior Vice President
- Syed Ghaus Ali Shah, Senior Vice President
- Sardar Sikandar Hyat Khan, Senior Vice President
- Iqbal Zafar Jhagra, Secretary General (2011–present)
- Ahsan Iqbal, Deputy Secretary General
- Lt. Gen. R. Salahuddin Tirmizi, Assistant Secretary General
- Lt. Gen. R. Abdul Qadir Baloch, Assistant Secretary General
- Mushahidullah Khan, Secretary Information
- Khurram Dastgir Khan, Deputy Secretary General
- Sardar Ayaz Sadiq, Secretary Finance
- Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan
- Khawaja Mohammed Asif
- Khawaja Saad Rafique
- Mehtab Khan Abbasi
- Shahid Khakan Abbasi